- Facts and Information about Squids Squid Facts and Information. Feeding, habitat, distribution, reproduction, anatomy and more. Facts about Species like the Giant Squid, Colossal Squid, Vampire Squid and many others.
- Facts about Squids If you only know the basics then it is time to find out more about these fascinating creatures. Chances are you will also gain an new appreciation for them as you learn more.
- Types of Squids Types of squids index, squid species, including giant squid,colossal squid,humboldt squid,japanese flying squid,vampire squid
- Squid Species There are more than 300 known species of squid out there that have been identified. They fall into one of two categories – myopsida and oegopsida.
- Giant Squid Giant Squids are very large in size with the females being approximately 10 feet longer than the males. The average length of a female is 43 feet. The overall design of it is the same as other types of squid.
- Colossal Squid The eyes of the Colossal squid are larger than that of any other creature on Earth. It is also known as the largest species of squid in the world. It can be up to 35 feet in length and weigh as much as 1,000 pounds.
- Humboldt Squid Also referred to as the jumbo squid, the Humboldt squid is one you do want to recognize. They aren’t as long as you would think with a name like that though. They only get to be about 7 feet long and weigh up to 100 pounds.
- Japanese Flying Squid The Japanese Flying Squid isn’t as well known as many others out there. They also have features that are distinct to this particular species. You will notice rings around the back of the head.
- Vampire Squid The name of this particular squid is very different, as is the overall appearance of it. The black color is distinct enough in itself. The fact that the long arms flow like a black cape remind many people of a vampire wearing one.
- Squid Information Squid information index including squid habitat,squid feeding,squid reproduction, squid anatomy,squid communication, squid evolution,squid predators,squid social structure,squid distribution
- Squid Habitat The squid are quite diverse when it comes to where they reside. The specific habitat though depends on the species of squid.
- Squid Feeding Squid common foods include various types of small fish, crabs, and shrimp. They have been known to feed on other squid that are smaller than them too.
- Squid Reproduction Squid have an interesting way of reproducing. Through careful research the process has been observed. It is the same for the many different species of squid out there.
- Squid Anatomy The anatomy of a squid is quite interesting, so if you haven’t given it much thought you may want to look closer at them.
- Squid Evolution The squid as we know it today has evolved from some of the earliest known mollusks on Earth. This is based on the information that scientists have and the technology available to test it.
- Squid Predators There are quite a few squid predators out there. In fact, they make up a great deal of the food source for birds, a variety of fish, and even sharks when you are talking about the giant squid.
- Humans and Squids Humans and squids index,including squid research,squids in captivity and squids in culture
- Squid Research Less is known about squid than most other forms of aquatic life. It isn’t that no one is interested but it can be difficult to be able to research about them.
- Squids and Humans Humans and squids have a history that goes very far back. Some of the very earliest myths about ships disappearing to the depths of the ocean
- Squids in Culture There are many types of materials out there about squid, including films, and books. Even the history of them is quite amazing. You may think that all we know has just been learned in the past few decades.
- Squid Conservation Squid conservation index including,squids endangered,squid hunting,squid conservation efforts
- Squids Endangered While the various species of squid aren’t endangered, the fact that they don’t live a very long life is an area of concern.
- Squid Commercial Fishing Due to the overwhelming demand for calamari by humans, commercial fishing for them is a big business. There are plenty of restaurants out there that serve this type of dish.
- Squids and Global Warming We often hear about all of the different creatures out there negatively affected by climate change and global warming. However, there are actually some including the squid which seem to benefit from it.
- Contact Us Contact Us – Squid World
- Privacy Statement Privacy Statement – Squid World
- Site Map